Inter-cultural competency consultation and training programs
“Enhance cultural intelligence through awareness and insights of your own culture and its influence and those of others, to truly provide culturally sensitive service and support to clients from diverse background”
We recognize that in our multicultural workplaces and services, where both clients and staff bring their rich cultural and social diversity, a one-size-fits-all approach will often appear tokenistic and be ineffective.
Kulturbrille brings over 25 years of training experience into its intercultural training program, helping organisations form a deeper understanding of clients and communities they serve. Our programs go beyond stereotypes and bring you cultural insights that allow you to embed genuine organizational practices and be responsive, inclusive and adaptive to your client and staff needs.
The workshops are designed to equip maternal and child health practitioners, nurses, allied health staff, community support workers and aged care workers, with additional skills to work with their multicultural clientele.
- Cultural self-awareness: Identifying and reflecting on the organization’s culture and becoming aware of the other cultures that intersect
- Cultural insight: Creating an understanding of the building blocks of people’s cultural self, how it is influenced and impacted by life experiences.
- Being sensitive and responsive: Creating a framework to work with and provide services to all, by recognizing and responding to unique cultural needs and understanding cultural nuances in communication and response.
- Demonstrating inclusion: avoiding the stereotype pitfalls and bringing genuineness into your service.
- Practice skills: Communicating with multicultural communities, common pitfalls and challenges, working with interpreters and families, effective intake practices, de-mystifying forms, understanding the dynamics of migrant, CALD and refugee communities.
- Understanding the 3rd culture phenomenon
- Develop strategies to create sustainable processes to embed cultural inclusion & understanding in practice.
- Cultural intelligence on target communities to better inform ongoing engagement.
- Working with families, raising concerns, self-care and reflective practice
Real scenarios are used to role play and workshop situations and solutions. These cultural training sessions are immensely effective in gaining skills that can be implemented immediately in everyday practice.